Thursday, May 21, 2015

Beaten Hearts

       When you look at the shape of my heart, It doesn't look the same as it did when I got it.

       It's no longer making the classic *thump thump, thump thump* rather a sort of *thu thump, thum thup*

       It carries with it a large collection of battle-wounds, scars, bruises, and cuts that have come from one heartbreak after another. Some worse than others.

       Only she... Her heart gave mine a Grand Canyon.

      So forgive me if my heart moves real slow, it's just that it's trying to recover from a natural disaster.

      I don't know what you think, you may think it's trash, just a broken and tattered machine. But to me, it's perfect. Even with the many band-aids and stitches it has, It's mine and that's all that matters. And forever will it be mine, beauty-scars and all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment